Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What I Can't Forget

I felt the heat from your foot graze mine
and the sand underneath - cold and wet
the sensation of your touch traveled up my spine
sunk deep in my brain and now I can’t forget.

The sand underneath our feet was cold and wet
firm like the memory of that night
has sunk deep in my brain and now I can’t forget
how much I wanted to hold you tight.

Firm like the memory of that night
our fingers and palms found a fit in the dark
how much I wanted to hold you tight
enough to cause a spark.

Fingers and palms found a fit in the dark
an attraction too strong to deny
enough to cause a spark
but you were somebody else’s guy.

An attraction too strong to deny
as if blown from the same cosmic dust
but you were somebody else’s guy
so stopping myself was a must.

As if blown from the same cosmic dust
the sensation of your touch traveled up my spine
but stopping myself was a must
when I felt the heat from your foot graze mine.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Pam! A lot to like in this poem!! -Wesley

    ReplyDelete